Starting an AKPsi Chapter
Thank you for your interest in starting a new chapter of Alpha Kappa Psi. For more information, contact Director of Chapter Services and Expansion, Jennifer Adamany.
Founding a chapter of Alpha Kappa Psi is an exciting venture for students who accept the challenges of starting a new organization on campus. There are many benefits in starting an organization, including leadership opportunities, forming an organization the way the students want to, and gaining valuable experience that is very much like starting a business.
In addition, by joining Alpha Kappa Psi, students affiliate with an elite group of business professionals who are committed to keeping their skills sharp and careers on track. Alpha Kappa Psi sponsors leadership and career building seminars fraternity-wide, which allow members to network with business leaders and members of other chapters. Alpha Kappa Psi is the right choice for developing essential business skills and social skills not taught in the classroom, such as leadership, time management, interviewing and much more! AKPsi is the oldest and largest professional business fraternity in the US.
The basic requirements for starting a chapter of AKPsi are:
- University must be an accredited four-year institution
- Approval from college of business or student organization
- Office to be added as an official student organization
- Approval from AKPsi Regional Director
- Minimum of 40 student members
- Minimum of two faculty advisors
- Coordinate one service activity
- Coordinate two professional activities
- Organize a petition for our board of directors
- Pay all induction, initiation and charter fees
- Complete a membership education program
- Submit a Colony Assessment Report
- Pass final Fraternal Pledge Exam on the history of AKPsi
- Attend final Court of Honor and Initiation Ritual
This is the basic list of requirements that needs to be accomplished before a charter can be granted by the Board of Directors. Several documents can be downloaded from this page which will provide you with additional requirements to complete in order to start a chapter. Please contact Director of Chapter Services & Expansion, Jennifer Adamany.
Below are some resources helpful in the expansion process: